i love texture on my pieces. i went all out on this one. the flowers are made with fuzzy yarn, the stems are pieces of eyelet ribbon and the background is loaded with extra heavy gesso and chipboard numbers.
i really had fun putting together this canvas which is the 3rd one for the #lovesummerart event. for those who have visited this blog because of this event, thank you and i hope you'll stick around!
you can find my process in this video here. as usual, pictures and list of supplies are listed at the end of this post.
- 11" X 14" canvas board (winsor & newton)
- gesso (liquitex professional)
- super heavy gesso (liquitex)
- round plastic canvases, small and large
- artguard (winsor & newton)
- fuzzy yarn
- kraft resist chipboard numbers (idea-ology/tim holtz)
- bombay india inks (dr. ph. martin's): magenta, grass green, teal, yellow
- acrylic glazing liquid, satin (golden)
- burnt umber acrylic paint (delta ceramcoat)
- turquoise (phtalo) acrylic paint (golden fluid)
- fluorescent magenta acrylic paint (golden)
- fluorescent pink acrylic paint (golden)
- scorching yellow acrylic paint (americana)
- iridescent gold deep, fine (golden fluid)