so, watercolor... i'm obsessed with this medium lately and although i am relatively new at it, i can't help but wanting to share my experiences and projects with you. because it's all about learning and we're in this together. you and i, we are! we want to learn and stumble and fall and pick ourselves back up again and try some more. because that's part of the fun.
here's a little project i made while testing this new paper pad i bought : the moulin du roy by canson. oh how i love thee. you are smooth as a baby's butt and makes my colors dance. it's 140lb, hot pressed, grain satiné, 100% cotton. compared to the one i used in the past, arches (also made my canson), it is quite smoother. you can find out all about my findings in the video below. i've also included a list of supplies at the end of this post.
- 140lb hot pressed, 300g/m, 100% cotton watercolor paper (Moulin du Roy by Canson)
- phthalocyanine turquoise watercolor paint (L'Aquarelle by Sennelier)
- warm sepia watercolor paint (L'Aquarelle by Sennelier)
- yellow gold watercolor paint (Gansai Tambi by Kuretake)
- #16 round brush (Royal & Co.)
- #6 round brush (Caviar by Dynasty)
- #10 round brush (Caviar by Dynasty)
- artist's tape
- HB lead pencil
- kneaded eraser
thank you for visiting!