happy tuesday, everyone!
i don't know about you, but i spend a lot of time in my art journal. and although it's a working journal, this book is very valuable to me. the inside pages are precious but what about the front and back covers? if you're like me and prefer the Dylusions journal, you're familiar with the boring kraft covers. because i value my book, i want to make the covers an integral part of my artistic journey. here's how i altered my art journal using 3 donna downey studios stencils and whole lot of paint and pouring medium! (photos and supplies list at the end of the post).
this is what the book looked like before i added the pouring medium:
during the drying process:
and this is after the pouring medium as completely dried:
- #DD-030 grunge halftone dots stencil (donna downey studios)
- #DD-068 artist stencil (donna downey studios)
- #DD-080 sprout stencil (donna downey studios)
- create today stamp set (donna downey studios)
- sticky back canvas (claudine hellmuth studios)
- white gesso (liquitex professional)
- light modeling paste (liquitex)
- teal fluid acrylic paint (golden)
- titanium fluid white acrylic paint (golden)
- carbon black fluid acrylic paint (golden)
- fluorescent pink acrylic paint (golden)
- airbrush medium (golden)
- quinacridone magenta opaque airbrush acrylic paint (golden)
- cadmium yellow hue heavy body acrylic paint (liquitex professional)
- yellow green acrylic paint (americana)
- jet black archival ink (ranger)
- black pitt artist pen (faber-castell)
- pouring medium (liquitex)
thanks for visiting and have a happy and creative week!