this piece was done almost entirely upside down before i realized where it was going. i painted over a previous project I wasn't happy with anymore. underneath the extra heavy gesso is watercolor and paste. I used Pebeo iridescent acrylics as well as Liquitex heavy body paints.
see how the extra heavy gesso reacted with the water and what was underneath (most probably)? i love the crackling! a total surprise!
- 12" X 12" gallery canvas
- extra heavy gesso (to cover what was underneath)
- iridescent orange yellow acrylic paint #353 (Pébéo Dyna)
- iridescent blue green acrylic paint #357 (Pébéo Dyna)
- iridescent gold acrylic paint #352 (Pébéo)
- titanium white heavy body acrylic paint (Liquitex Professional)
- carbon black heavy body acrylic paint (Liquitex Professional)
- water spritzer
thank you for visiting and have a happy and creative day!