i'm into making my own stencils these days. here's one that i mad for the trees but cutting into a blank canvas material from the crafter's workshop. i just traced my design unto paper, put a piece of glass over it, taped my stencil material over that and used a creative versa-tool from walnut hollow which is essentially a hot knife with different tips.
i used one of my favorite color combo for the cityscape, which is phtalo turquoise, lime green and cad red. it makes for a very vibrant city and i love that. i have recorded the process which you can watch below. photos and supplies list at the end!
- large dylusions creative journal (ranger ink)
- uni-ball air pen (not recommended - for future reference, use a paint pen like sharpie)
- collage pauge (aleene's)
- strips of white cardstock
- washi tape
- citron green acrylic paint (americana by decoart)
- peacock teal acrylic paint (americana by decoart)
- calico red acrylic paint (americana by decoart)
- phthalo turquoise fluids acrylic paint (media by decoart)
- titanium white fluids acrylic paint (media by decoart)
- metallic gold fluids acrylic paint (media by decoart)
- black aquarellable marks all pencil (stabilo)
- light molding paste (golden)
- homemade tree stencil
thank you for visiting and commenting!