happy day to everyone!
here's to summer and its new event: #LoveSummerArt ! i'm thinking it's going to be a great one. #LoveSummerArt is a YouTube event that starts today, july 17th and runs through july 20th and its purpose is to put art and artists on the map. i found out through the art sherpa (actually from one of my subscribers really...) about this event and i knew i had to participate. we need to spread the word: ART is magical, ART is wonderful, ART is therapeutic!
i've decided to make 3 canvases for this event and all of them will celebrate summer and also will be given away... more on that next week. so here's my process on video of the first canvas (photos and supplies list at the end).
- art guard (winsor & newton)
- 11" X 14" canvas board (daler rowney)
- white gesso (liquitex professional)
- teal acrylic paint (golden fluids)
- green gold acrylic paint (golden)
- quinacridone magenta acrylic paint (golden airbrush)
- indian yellow hue acrylic paint (golden)
- titanium acrylic paint (golden fluids)
- water spritzer bottle
- heat tool
- airbrush medium (golden)
- #DD082 butterfly stencil (donna downey studios)
- graphite texture paste (finnabair/prima)
- palette knife
- gem or bead
- don't forget to fly stamp set (finnabair/prima)
- handmade leaf stamp (ceecee)
- jet black archival ink pad (ranger)
- masking paper
- permaball pen (pilot)
- white water-based paint marker, fine point (sharpie)